Pages

Search This Blog

Loading...

The Romance Wiki

Wiki --- strange word, isn't it? I'd heard of and have contributed to the controversial Wikipedia - the free online English Encyclopedia to which any visitor can add, delete or modify content. I like it for I figure it's the only way I'll ever get to write something for an encyclopedia.

But what exactly is a "Wiki"?

Here's what Google helped me find : Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly. The first ever wiki site was created for the Portland Pattern Repository in 1995.

I had no idea.

Now some enterprising romance fan has taken it a step further and created -
"The Romance Wiki". Here's what it says on the site :

"RomanceWiki is creating an ongoing history of the market-leading romance genre. Never before has there been a single resource to combine the various elements of the genre: authors, books, publishers, awards, reviews, influences, and connections. In addition to building the history of romance novels, RomanceWiki provides resources for journalists, authors, and readers. The RomanceWiki will be a collaborative effort. Every member of the romance community has something to offer, and we encourage you to add your stories and insights to RomanceWiki. "

Clever and resourceful - I like this! Wonder if there's a wiki for other genres as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *