Pages

Search This Blog

New Preserve Kitchenware - Review

Photobucket
I'm a fan of recycling. That much you probably already know from my previous blog post about the recycled but oh-so good Preserve Toothbrush. I feel it's important to do my little part in cleaning up this Earth.

Using the same philosophy that Preserve applied to their wonderful Recycline toothbrush, their kitchenware products – mixing bowls, colanders, food storage containers and cutting boards – are created from 100% recycled plastic and 100% post-consumer recycled paper. Their modern and colorful Preserve kitchenware is the environmentally-friendly way to cook, prep and store a family’s healthy meals. Equally inspiring is the line’s versatility and durability combined with stylishness that a must for any kitchen.

Photobucket
Which is why I was excited when the makers of the Preserve Toothbrush contacted me about reviewing a product from their new Preserve kitchenware product line, which will (and probably already has) debut at your local Target store this January.

I was sent the 3.5 quart dishwasher-safe Preserve Colander in Milk white color, which is made from 100% recycled plastic and is recyclable in communities with #5 recycling. It also comes in Berry Blue, Apple Green, and Ripe Tomato colors. I've used it regularly for 2 weeks+ and put in the dishwasher more than once. It's easy to grip, drains fast and the color and the surface of the colander are still as good as new. Overall, the quality of this product is simply excellent,  and there is just no way of telling it's made from recycled plastic. I just love it! I can't wait to go to my local Target and check out the rest of this wonderful line of kitchenware, especially the Preserve cutting board which is made with Forest Stewardship Council certified Paperstone!!

Here are a few thoughts on what makes the Preserve products special:
  • All products are made from 100% recycled #5 plastic (just like their toothbrushes, razors and tableware) or 100% post-consumer recycled paper
  • Preserve is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies collecting #5 plastic – such as yogurt cups and other common household containers – via Preserve’s Gimme 5 program (http://www.recycline.com/gimme5/)
  • All products are BPA-free, made in the USA, and dishwasher-safe
  • A selection of the Preserve Kitchenware line will be launched at your local Target store in January 2009
  • The prices for these select products are:
    • Large colander: $11.99
    • Mixing bowl set of 3: $21.99
    • Large plastic cutting board: $12.99
    • Small plastic cutting board: $8.99
Something green and eco-friendly to begin the New Year with - what could be better?! So check out the new Preserve kitchenware product line today - either online or at your local Target! Don't forget to come back here and share your experience!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *