Pages

Search This Blog

Truvia Natural Sweetner

If you think Artificial Sweeteners are healthy, think again!

I've always been a bit skeptical about putting artificial anything in my food and as such have stayed away from artificial sweeteners like Splenda. It's true that Artificial sweeteners help cut down calories. But, studies have shown that artificial sweeteners can also stimulate high insulin levels in your body, which again can promote fat storage. So, how healthy are they ultimately?

You may ask, what are the alternatives then? Is there a natural, zero calorie alternative to artificial sweeteners? Surprisingly, there is!
Photobucket

Truvia natural sweetener is a Stevia-based sweetener and thanks to the folks at Cargill, it can be found at your local grocery store nationwide!

Stevia is a shrub in the chrysanthemum family that is native to northeastern Paraguay. First discovered by the country's natives, the plant has been grown, harvested and used in South America to sweeten foods and beverages for more than 200 years.

Truvia rebiana, the main ingredient in Truvia natural sweetner, comes from the best-tasting part of the stevia leaf and is a high-purity sweetener that is consistent in quality and taste. Cargill has spent the past five years developing the product to its specifications and working to produce the ingredient on a commercial scale and the FDA recently approved its safety.

I've used Truvia for 4-5 days now and I'm happy to say it's been a good experience. There's not a lot of after-taste and overall I've not felt much of a difference between this and real sugar.

So, for those of you like me, who prefer a natural solution, I urge you to try out Truvia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

1 comment

  1. Can I buy Truvia in Edmonton, Ab, Canada? If so, where? I can't seem to find it...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *