If only there was an intelligent credit card, right? Well, there is - sort of!
To help us balance the desire of our kids with the balance in our checking accounts, Discover Card came up with a truly innovative debit card called Current by Discover Card, designed especially for kids ages 13 to 18. The Current Card helps us teach our kids born in a digital age how to manage spending.
Current features include:
- Helpful Account Management Features: Parents can set spending limits, restrict merchant categories and track their teen’s spending through online statements, e-mail and text message alerts. They also enjoy the convenience of free, flexible loading options. Teens also can load their paychecks onto the card through direct deposit.
- Advanced Security Features: Current is protected by Discover’s $0 fraud liability, which means cardmembers are never responsible for unauthorized charges – online, offline, anytime, anywhere. Current cards that are lost or stolen will be temporarily suspended or deactivated, and cardmembers will be eligible for an emergency replacement.
- Financial Education Resources: Teens can learn how to spend smarter by logging onto the Account Center at CurrentbyDiscover.com. There they can view helpful articles on topics such as basic financial concepts, protecting yourself from identify theft, starting a savings program, and making your money go further.
- Meaningful Rewards: Teens are eligible for members-only in-store coupons and online discounts when they use their card at select restaurants, movie theaters and teen-friendly merchants. What’s more, parents earn Discover Cashback Bonus or Miles when they load their teen’s Current Card using their Discover Card.
- Low Pricing: Cardmembers pay a $5 monthly charge for each card, or save $10 by paying an annual fee of $50. Fees include four free ATM withdrawals per card per month.
That's not all! As parents, we have the responsibility to discuss wise spending habits as a family. Discover Card created an online resource, www.currentbydiscover.com, to help us talk with our kids about managing and spending money, and the importance of setting limits.
To sum up -
- Easily add funds from a credit card or bank account
- No effect on you or your teen's credit
- $0 liability guarantee
- Set your teen's spending limits
- Restrict teen card use in unwanted shopping categories
For Teens:And they come in a variety of cool Teen Card designs! Win, win all around!
- Your cash is safe if your teen card is lost
- Withdraw cash at ATMs
- Unique card designs
- Get exclusive discounts at your favorite merchants
- Disable teen card if lost, reactivate when found
Help make your Kids understand. Help them by getting the Current by Discover Card. Thanks to Mom
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.