"I am starving! What's for dinner?! " is the main question of the day in my house. But, when dinnertime rolls around and I still don't have the answer to this question, I could use a little meal inspiration. With more moms like me preparing meals at home, keeping dinner ideas fresh, easy to prepare and budget-friendly presents some challenges.
Unilever, the consumer package goods company, has spent a great deal of time thinking about how to make everyday life better and help us find ways to create great meals and do more with less. The company's Web site, www.MakingLifeBetter.com, features delicious recipes, affordable meal ideas and tips that stretch your budget and save you time. From Baked Pasta Primavera Casserole to Fresh Vegetables over Couscous, the secret to dinner success in my home is to keep a well-stocked kitchen filled with easy-to-prepare, delicious pantry staples with brands I know and trust.
I've bookmarked www.MakingLifeBetter.com, and here are a few of the great ideas I've found:
* 1 banana, halved lengthwise
* 1 Tbsp. Skippy ® Creamy or Super Chunk ® Peanut Butter
* 1 tsp. raisins
With teaspoon, slightly hollow the inside of one of the banana halves. Evenly spread Skippy® Creamy Peanut Butter down the center. Sprinkle with raisins, then top with remaining banana half. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or until slightly warm.
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1/2 French baguette, cut into 18 slices
I loved the recipes and tips and I'm sure you will too. But that's not all. You can get a variety of ideas and tips about Beauty, Home, Wellness, News and many other things. It's a great resource for everyone. So go check out www.MakingLifeBetter.com today!
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.