Today on World Wide Beatle Day, it's my pleasure to announce the release of the entire original Beatles catalogue, which has been digitally re-mastered for the first time!
The process took a team of engineers at Abbey Road Studios four years of utilizing state of the art recording technology, alongside vintage studio equipment, to create these amazing re-masters. The collection comprises all 12 Beatles albums in stereo, with track listings and artwork as originally released in the UK, and 'Magical Mystery Tour,' which became part of The Beatles’ core catalogue when the CDs were first released in 1987. In addition, the collections 'Past Masters Vol. I and II' are now combined as one title, for a total of 14 titles over 16 discs. This will mark the first time that the first four Beatles albums will be available in stereo in their entirety on compact disc!!
Within each CD’s new packaging, booklets include detailed historical notes along with informative recording notes. With the exception of the 'Past Masters' set, newly produced mini-documentaries on the making of each album, directed by Bob Smeaton, are included as QuickTime files on each album. The documentaries contain archival footage, rare photographs and never-before-heard studio chat from The Beatles, offering a unique and very personal insight into the studio atmosphere.
A second boxed set has been created with the collector in mind. 'The Beatles in Mono' gathers together, in one place, all of the Beatles recordings that were mixed for a mono release. It will contain 10 of the albums with their original mono mixes, plus two further discs of mono masters (covering similar ground to the stereo tracks on 'Past Masters'). As an added bonus, the mono “Help!” and “Rubber Soul” discs also include the original 1965 stereo mixes, which have not been previously released on CD. These albums will be packaged in mini-vinyl CD replicas of the original sleeves with all original inserts and label designs retained.
The Stereo Albums (available individually and collected in a stereo boxed set)
The stereo albums have been remastered by Guy Massey, Steve Rooke, Sam Okell with Paul Hicks and Sean Magee.
- All CD packages contain original vinyl artwork and liner notes
- Extensive archival photos
- Additional historical notes by Kevin Howlett and Mike Heatley
- Additional recording notes by Allan Rouse and Kevin Howlett
- Please Please Me* (CD debut in stereo)
- With The Beatles* (CD debut in stereo)
- A Hard Day's Night* (CD debut in stereo)
- Beatles For Sale* (CD debut in stereo)
- Rubber Soul*
- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* (also includes 1987 notes, updated, and new intro by Paul McCartney)
- Magical Mystery Tour*
- The Beatles*
- Yellow Submarine* (also includes original US liner notes)
- Abbey Road*
- Let It Be*
- Past Masters (contains new liner notes written by Kevin Howlett)
‘The Beatles in Mono’ (boxed set only)
The mono albums have been remastered by Paul Hicks, Sean Magee with Guy Massey and Steve Rooke
Presented together in box with an essay written by Kevin Howlett
+ = mono mix CD debut
- Please Please Me
- With The Beatles
- A Hard Day's Night
- Beatles For Sale
- Help! (CD also includes original 1965 stereo mix)+
- Rubber Soul (CD also include original 1965 stereo mix)+
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band+
- Magical Mystery Tour+
- The Beatles+
- Mono Masters
*** This product was received for review consideration. No other compensation was provided. ***
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.