There was great excitement in our house the day PlasmaCar arrived. We'd seen a demo of it in our local mall some time back and it was high on my son's list of "must haves". As luck would have it, one was sent for review right here on A Bookworm Mom's Diary! I can honestly say that I was even more excited than my son to open up the package and discover the Blue PlasmaCar inside.
I'm happy to say that I managed this almost all by myself. Of course, there's very little assembly required in the first place and not a lot of tools needed. The wheels and the steering are the only parts that need to be attached to the smooth, sleek body. The instructions said to use a rubber mallet to get the wheels in fully, but I didn't have one. So I made do with an ordinary hammer and a towel. And it worked!
I managed to angle and get the rear wheels in all by myself. The front one wasn't as easy for me, but I managed to get that in as well. They even sent over a thingamajiggy to tighten the screw to the steering wheel. Which I did. But to tighten it all the way, I had to get hubby to come over and use his wrench and upper body strength. Once that was done, the PlasmaCar was ready to go!
The PlasmaCar is a mechanical marvel that makes use of that most inexhaustible of energy sources, kid-power, by harnessing the natural forces of inertia, centrifugal force, gravity, and friction. It's so easy to operate; all it needs is a driver and a smooth, flat surface. The PlasmaCar is adult-friendly, too (although there's a weight limit involved). We all tried it out on the smooth surface of our patio. And boy, does it move like a dream! It's like magic to get the thing moving, just by leaning forward and steering, without using your feet or anything else!
Pros & Cons
Here are some reasons why my family and I love it:
- It's made of high-quality plastic
- It's rugged and durable
- The ease of use and smooth movement are astounding.
- It's deceptively simple to operate.
- No pedals
- No gears
- It has no horns or flashing lights or other irritants.
- It's quiet too - the only sound you'll hear is the sound of its wheels.
- Best of all - there are no batteries required!
While these aren't cons as such, there are some points worth mentioning:
- For optimum movement (and fun) the PlasmaCar needs a really smooth, flat surface. Even tile floors with grout in between aren't suitable. It may cause damage to wooden/laminate floors, so those are also out.
- If you turn the steering wheel suddenly in a turn, sometimes the rider can become dislodged from the seat. (But since it's really low on the ground, it's not that great of a fall.)
- You're not supposed to ride the PlasmaCar on an incline. But if you do find yourself on one, then watch out as it moves down very swiftly and it's difficult for a little rider to stop it then.
For the kids, the PlasmaCar is pure energy and pure fun. And for their folks, it's safe, inexpensive and quiet. To top it all, it comes in 6 fun colors to suit every kid's taste.
For more information on PlasmaCar and other products from their maker, PlaSmart, please visit http://www.plasmarttoys.com/.
One lucky winner will get a PlasmaCar of their own!
- Visit http://www.plasmarttoys.com/ online and comment here with your favorite product.
- Your email address should be with your comment in the format - abc AT xyz DOT com.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Bookworm Mom's Diary Feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Bookworm Mom's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add the A Bookworm Mom's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Bookworm Mom's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Bookworm Mom's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Bookworm Mom's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Bookworm Mom's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
- 1 EXTRA ENTRY - Follow PlaSmart on Twitter (www.twitter.com/plasmart)
- Become their fan on FACEBOOK (http://www.facebook.com/
- Leave a comment on their blog - www.plasmartinc.blogspot.com
Deadline Midnight CST of October 7, 2009.
Eligibility US & Canada only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
This product was received for review consideration. No other compensation was provided.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.