Pages

Search This Blog

Spice up your Kitchen with Rosarita Salsa

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosIn the cold winter weather, I like nothing better than to make, eat and serve hot dishes. (actually any excuse will do, lol!). And the easiest way to do it is to use hot and spicy Salsa which can add zest and give new life to the least spicy of dishes, even leftovers!

Since the 1940's, Rosarita has offered authentic Mexican-style refried beans and become the number one selling brand in the United States. Now, with the addition of a salsa line, families can enjoy three authentic flavors that range from mild to hot-
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Mild Salsa Mexicana - a mild, Mexican salsa
  • Medium Salsa Verde - a zesy, green salsa
  • Hot Salsa Taquera - a hot, spicy Mexican taco salsa
Made in Mexico using the best ingredients, Rosarita comes in three distinct and flavorful varieties and not only makes a great addition to authentic Mexican favorites, but also adds pizzazz to the standard hamburger and hotdog. It also proves a great snack with tortilla chips to tide hungry kids over until dinner.

How many times have you pulled together the same ho-hum dish for dinner at the last minute?  I know I have been guilty of that! One of our family favorites is a vermicelli (very thin pasta) dish that I make and it's generally for dessert. I experimented a bit and instead of milk and sugar, I added lightly sauteed veggies (carrots, bell peppers, olives and pink onions that I stir-fried in some sesame oil) to the vermicelli and then topped it off with some hot Rosarita salsa! Oh my, it was a spicy dish to say the least! And a new family favorite was born :) Also on my list to try out are Taco Soup, Chili, Mexican Lasagna, and many more, using these wonderfully fresh-tasting, authentic salsas from Rosarita!

Try it for yourself. Follow these easy directions and use Rosarita Salsa to create flavorful, authentic dishes for your friends and family.

Recipe for Chicken Tostadas
Ingredients
  • 2 cups of canned Rosarita refried beans
  • Rosarita Salsa
  • 2 packages tostadas (6-inch diameter)
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
  • 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 1 cup Queso Fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
  • 1 large, firm ripe avocado, pared, pitted, sliced
  • ½ cup sour cream
Directions
  • Heat refried beans
  • Spread onto tostadas
  • Apply thin layer of shredded chicken
  • Top with thin layer of lettuce
  • Top with salsa
  • Sprinkle cheese/garnish with cream and avocadoes
The new salsa will only be available in four cities — LA, Dallas, Phoenix, and Denver — at select Walmart and grocery stores. If you used it, I'd love to know your thoughts!

Disclosure - I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Rosarita and received a sample to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *