Pages

Search This Blog

Healthy Women

Caring for someone (or more than one someone) is the most rewarding and at the same time, one of the most challenging jobs around. For it not only involves love, but also patience, forgiveness, and so much more. In most families, Moms are the primary caregivers. From making lunches to paying the household bills, it's constantly one thing after another. Believe me, it's a tough job. Which is made even tougher if a woman has a disability or cares for someone with a disability like Epilepsy. Ordinary chores can become hurdles as they deal with diagnoses, treatments, and other issues alongside their daily lives.

On the heels of National Epilepsy Awareness month in November, HealthyWomen.org created the "Women Succeeding with Epilepsy" video series, sponsored by UCB, Inc., to educate and inspire women dealing with the challenges of living or caring for someone with epilepsy. In the series, one woman tells the story of caring for her son with epilepsy while another woman shares her experience of living with epilepsy since she was a teenager.

I watched a couple of these videos myself and I was so moved. These are real videos about real people facing life with a smile despite their disability and they so do with style and compassion. It's truly inspiring to hear their real life experiences from the actual persons themselves. I encourage you to visit the website and watch these videos. There are resources available to educate yourself and those around you about the symptoms, causes, prevention and treatment of epilepsy. The site also has information about a variety of other health topics and a nice selection of Healthy tips including those for Supporting Someone Living With Epilepsy which I've posted below. Here's the link.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of HealthyWomen’s “Women Succeeding with Epilepsy” sponsored by UCB, Inc. and received a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *