Pages

Search This Blog

Veggie Tales: Live! Sing Yourself Silly

Veggie Tales: Live! Sing Yourself Silly captures all the fun of the live tour with energetic dancers, loads of bubbles, confetti, classic and popular VeggieTales silly songs and much more.

Here Bob, Larry & the whole crew are taking to the stage with the silliest Silly Song Countdown ever. This high energy song and dance spectacular takes silliness to a whole new level. But sometimes silliness just isn't enough. Archibald Asparagus prefers songs that have lessons, Mr. Lunt only wants to sing about food, and Jimmy and Jerry Gourd are stuck in the 80s. But there's only so much time..will the Veggies learn the importance of sharing so that the show can go on and everyone will be able to sing themselves silly??

Like with all children's dvds I get for review, I sat down to watch this one with my kids. Five minutes later I was amazed as my younger kid walked off, completely bored due to the lack of animated characters in it while my older one started singing and dancing along with the costumed characters on stage. We've watched other Veggie Tales dvds before and they've all had animated characters in them and anything animated generally holds my kids spellbound and, I confess, myself as well! But never a live performance. Like my younger child, I was soon bored with the silly onstage antics of the performers and couldn't make head or tail of the lyrics. I also found the onstage bantering to be totally absurd and couldn't help wondering how the adults in the audience felt.

That made it even more amazing that my other kid just Loved this dvd. Not just plain, ordinary 'loved', mind you. This dvd is now his all time favorite and he wants to watch it all the time. That kind of 'loved'! So I guess, in the dvd, the adults in the audience were carried away by their children's enthusiastic response to what was happening on-stage as I was with my own child's appreciative reaction. Guess you have to be the right age to watch and enjoy it. The performers sure know how to captivate the age-appropriate audience as is proved by my older kid's reaction.

I asked and according to my child reviewer, this dvd gets two thumbs up!

More informaton :
Includes The Songs:

“VeggieTales Theme Song”
"The Water Buffalo Song”
"Big Things Too"
"Gourds Just Wanna Have Fun"
"Song of the Cebu"
"Dance of the Cucumber"
"God is Bigger"
"His Cheeseburger"
"Love My Lips!"
"The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything"
"Do the Moo, Shoo"
"Rumor Weed"
"Endangered Love" (Barbara Manatee)
"Bellybutton"
"Footloose"
"The Hairbrush Song"
"I Can Be Your Friend"
"VeggieTales Theme Song (Reprise)"

Bonus Features:

Larry’s Backstage Pass – Behind the scenes of VeggieTales Live!
VeggieTales Trivia Game
Discussion Guide
Silly Song Sing-Alongs (4 songs)

About VeggieTales Live! Sing Yourself Silly

Not Rated
Approximately 70 minutes
Color
5.1 Surround Sound
English Subtitles Close-Captioned
Widescreen Version
And here's a trailer :



----------------------------
Disclosure - This product was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *