Pages

Search This Blog

Hey Arnold Season 1


Created by Craig Bartlett as a comic in 1986, Hey Arnold! debuted as an animated short for the Nickelodeon film Harriet the Spy in 1996. It then went on to air on Nickelodeon from 1996 to 2001, subsequently airing on "Nick on CBS" from 2002 until 2004. Now, for the first time, the long anticipated Hey Arnold!: Season One (4-disc set) is available in stores.

Featuring all 20 hilarious episodes, Hey Arnold!: Season One follows the adventures of Arnold, the original football-headed boy’s life in the big city alongside his Grandpa, Grandma, Abner the pig and a host of other friends and neighbors. Each episode finds Arnold in a new, sticky situation, whether it’s helping out a schoolmate with their problems or dealing with his own. Unfortunately, Arnold’s predicaments are often started by Helga, a schoolmate who picks on Arnold and constantly bullies him. However, Helga only pretends to dislike Arnold to hide the fact that she is secretly in love with him!

Episodes List
  • DISK 1:  Downtown as Fruits, Eugene's Bike, The Little Pink Book, Field Trip, Arnold's Hat, Stoop Kid, Helga's Makeover, The Old Building, 6th Grade Girls, The Baseball.
  • DISK 2: Heat, Snow, Operation Ruthless, The Vacant Lot, The List, Haunted Train, Mugged, Roughin' It, Door #16, Arnold as Cupid.
  • DISK 3: Arnold's Christmas, Beachwarmer, Cool Jerk, Das Subway, Wheezin' Ed, Tutoring Torvald, Gerald Comes Over, Spelling Bee, Pigeon Man.
  • DISK 4: Olga Comes Home, Sally's Comet, Abner Come Home, The Sewer King, False Alarm, World Records, Magic Show, 24 hours to live, Arnold's Valentine.
We were unfamiliar with this series and so I watched some of them alone before I realized how enjoyable they are and shared them with my kids. While not receiving the unbroken attention that Spongebob gets from them, my kids still watched a few episodes with interest. The kids in the series are a bit older than them and while the hilarious episodes are still fun to watch, my kids couldn't exactly relate to them. They didn't like Helga at all and couldn't understand when I tried to explain she didn't really mean it. I assume it's the age difference speaking. But I liked them and look forward to watching the other episodes with interest.

One thing - the dvd doesn't have captions. Not a biggie if you don't use them, but I do use them and their lack make the viewing experience a bit harder for me. Also, there are no extras in this dvd set, which is again not a biggie if you watch them only once for curiosity sake.

Otherwise, it looks and sounds great.

----------------------------
Disclosure - This product was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Glad you stopped by!

 

About Me

Hi, I'm Rashmi and this is my blog which has undergone various transformations through the years. I blog about whatever interests me, and when I have some free time, a commodity that has become increasingly precious. Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave a comment.

My email:
callmeabookworm@gmail.com

Follow by Email

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *